A century ago, 1914, in Torsang, Sweden, a forester’s son named Wiktor Haglöf designed and assembled a backpack for local workers. From that humble start in a farmhand’s cabin, the company he founded has become one of the largest suppliers of outdoor clothing, hardware and footwear in the Nordic region, Europe and Asia, and a member of the ASICS® family since 2010. We believe in our products. At the very heart of Haglöfs are our designers, outdoor enthusiasts and former professionals themselves, who develop concepts based on the needs of real users today and tomorrow. Every seam and zipper, every strap and material receives careful consideration. The result is a strong product, built on technology and experience, ready to face a host of challenges. Haglöfs’ products reflect our core business concept, to be a responsible brand, meeting modern demands for users who invest in an active outdoor lifestyle. We believe that quality is something to be developed, and we strive to reach new heights, offering products with a high degree of functionality, good design and value. Our vision is to be a leader in the world markets, not only in the technical outdoor area, but also in sustainability. Our values are – Curios – Reliable – Proud!
As Manager Business Control you’re responsible for Haglöfs Groups Financial Control and Steering. Furthermore you’re responsible for supporting Global Management in defining financial targets in the budget and forecast process, plan these processes, analyze the outcome and suggest corrections in order to meet targets. As Manager, you’re also accountable for leading and managing the team of business controllers. You will report directly to the Global Financial Director.
- Pro-active highlight and report to CEO, Global Financial Director, Leadership team and Country Managers various financial improvements, risks and early warnings in order to mitigate and minimize risk, improve business performance and sustain long term growth.
- Budget Management: Responsible for planning, coordination and execution of the annual budget process. This includes evaluation, budget guidelines, time schedule, system and template updates. Ensure that the preparation and management of the budget is done effectively and based on Asics AHQ guidelines.
- Forecast Management: Responsible for planning, coordination and execution of the forecasts (revised budget) and measurements of performance against the finalized targets. Ensure that the preparation and management of the forecast is done effectively and based on AHQ guidelines.
- Drive cost efficiency projects and initiate changes processes in order to increase profitability. Improve ways of working.
- Continuously review relevant and branch specific key performance indicators.
- Responsible for the complete monthly closing and reporting process to Asics AHQ.
- Share knowledge and experience with Senior Management, Line Managers and Controllers in finance, group policies, accounting standards, latest in research within Controlling and Steering.
- Give guidelines connected to Capex (Investments) and perform ROI evaluations before entering the approval process (internal and board level).
- Ensure correct data in Qlickview and update accordingly.
- Work closely with Group Accounting; build partnership in order to support the business.
- Lead the team of business controllers; ensure structure, timelines and ownership within the team to ensure desired delivery and to meet expectations of the business and its key stakeholders
- Support the individual team members’ performance and professional development aligned with business needs. Clarify expectations, goals and targets through the Performance Appraisal and Development process. Provide coaching, guidance and support and share knowledge and experience.
- Have a relevant academic education within Finance, Economics or Business Management
- At least six years’ experience of Controlling with a Business oriented focus
- Experience from treasury management / hedging is not necessary but a merit
- Strong financial and accounting skills combined with holistic business understanding
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to use these to support and improve business performance
- Experience of successful team leadership and driving change
- Excellent system knowledge and experienced in Clickview
- Working in a global setting with strong internal and external stakeholders
- From a producing company, preferably from consumer goods
- Fluency in English, both oral and written
- Strong drive and results orientation with a hands on approach. Have a strong ability to shift between strategic and executional areas of work
- Strong communication- and presentation skills; ability to explain and clarify
- Confidence in conveying a message and fact-based arguments to management and other key stakeholders
- Are a goal oriented self-starter with an entrepreneurial driven approach
- Are a strong leader with the ability to lead and inspire employees, delegate tasks and develop team members working with feedback and coaching
- Peoples person with a keen interest in creating strong internal and external relations