Our vision: To make life easier for Scandinavia´s frequent traveler. With SAS you are part of a community experiencing easy, joyful and reliable services, delivered the Scandinavian way. SAS is Scandinavia´s largest airline with approximately 1100 departures per day to our 136 destinations. SAS is a part of Star Alliance which gives our passengers access to destinations worldwide.
The Partner Sales department is a key part of SAS Growth Initiative supporting SAS and EuroBonus to forge world class partner relationships that add exceptional value to its members, partners and SAS.
The department has the overall responsibility to acquire, manage, activate and grow a portfolio of strategic partnerships by building strong partner relationships with sustainable business models, attractive member offerings – positioning EuroBonus as a key instrument for our partners to drive their own customer loyalty and revenue streams.
The mission for the Head of Partner Sales is to drive the partner team to achieve yearly partner revenue targets and value delivery to existing partners – while identifying and building vital new revenue streams for strong growth (+500 MSEK during the next coming years) within existing and yet unexplored areas such as e.g. Fin-tech, Retail, Experiences and Lifestyle.
As Head of Partner Sales you are expected to develop sales strategies (industries, 1st party and 3 rd party distribution, business models) to support the growth of payment sector partner revenue, to support SAS future “make life easier” community platform and eco-system including end-to-end products and lifestyle services. You are to ensure attractive and cost efficient non-air redemption opportunities through direct and aggregator partnerships.
The ideal applicant is a highly successful and results driven sales team builder and leader with analytical win-win approach, a natural talent for cross-organizational business development and strong set of B2B2C solution selling and team coaching skills. You are a key stakeholder in the SAS Growth and EuroBonus business transformation journey with digitalization is a natural tool for driving change and consumer engagement.
- Developing partner portfolio and partner revenue strategies to support EuroBonus and SAS Growth’s overall vision and strategies
- Identify new partner business opportunities and evaluate partners/partnership types – enabling aggressive revenue growth targets and also adding new types of value to EuroBonus members
- Build and lead a senior and multi-skilled partnership sales and management team mainly based in Sweden with representatives in Norway and Denmark
- Develop and drive sales and partnership activation excellence by securing processes, KPIs, training and standards
- Attract and develop partners in line with tiered partner strategy (A, B, C) and targets for partner revenue (direct & indirect sales channel, various business models such as point sale, commission and media sales).
- Responsible for developing long term relationships with key partners
- Settle revenue budget in tight co-operation with Head of EuroBonus program to balance cost of program and total P&L (owned by Head of EuroBonus Program).
- Compile and analyze sales figures and collecting customer feedback to give input to program management and development teams to capture further growth opportunities
- Own and develop investment roadmap needs to support sales capabilities
- Establish sales and activation objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and partnership managers by; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Establish and monitor partner distribution and communication in close cooperation with Digital sales, Marketing and other stakeholders.
- Monitor changing trends and competition to take action or suggest changes in offering
- Work in close cooperation with IT and EuroBonus Quality & Operations to secure effective and optimized partner implementation and efficient ways of billing
- Secure effective ways of working by demonstrating everyday Lean leadership
- Assure legal compliance in all matters relating to partnerships (e.g. GDPR)
- Full responsibility for all partner revenue and associated cost in P&L
- Manage the team of 11 persons
- +7 years’ experience from B2B2C digital solution sales on executive level with strong track record – preferably from two different industries
- Proven track record as a leader, +5 years, building highly effective sales & business development teams
- +3 years of experience of digital sales & distribution models
- Proven track record of change management and developing strategies
- Experience of large volume consumers products/services
- Experience of CRM & Big data analysis (preferred)
- Experience from multiple industries. Finance, e-com/digital services, travel is preferred.
- Experience of working in a matrix organization
- University degree, Master of Science or equivalent.
- Leadership experience within Digital Sales & Marketing
- Deep knowledge of partnership business models (advertising, commissions, rev share, loyalty)
- Advanced skills in sales development, high commercial drive with strong relationship building skills
- Strong understanding of partnership management and negotiations
- Exceptional communication and storytelling skills
- Strong leadership and stakeholder management skills, able to excel in engaging leadership across functions in SAS
As a person:
- Passionate about sales and business development
- Strong interest in developing people through leadership & coaching
- Highly result- and execution oriented
- Strategic and structured
- Business-minded, flexible and creative problem-solver
- High social competence – a non-prestige team player and relationship builder
- Confident and proactive in relationship towards internal & external stake holders