A century ago, 1914, in Torsang, Sweden, a forester’s son named Wiktor Haglöf designed and assembled a backpack for local workers. From that humble start in a farmhand’s cabin, the company he founded has become one of the largest suppliers of outdoor clothing, hardware and footwear in the Nordic region, Europe and Asia, and a member of the ASICS® family since 2010. We believe in our products. At the very heart of Haglöfs are our designers, outdoor enthusiasts and former professionals themselves, who develop concepts based on the needs of real users today and tomorrow. Every seam and zipper, every strap and material receives careful consideration. The result is a strong product, built on technology and experience, ready to face a host of challenges. Haglöfs’ products reflect our core business concept, to be a responsible brand, meeting modern demands for users who invest in an active outdoor lifestyle. We believe that quality is something to be developed, and we strive to reach new heights, offering products with a high degree of functionality, good design and value. Our vision is to be a leader in the world markets, not only in the technical outdoor area, but also in sustainability. Our values are – Curios – Reliable – Proud!
As Operations Director you will be responsible for the Operations team consisting of buying, distribution & warehouse and logistics, supply planning as well as IT. You will manage 7 direct reports, from a team of 25 , where the main goal is to optimize the supply chain from production planning to product supply planning and warehouse management in order to meet target KPI’s within inventory on hand and delivery accuracy. You will report directly to the company CEO and be a part of the Global Management team.
- Lead the execution of the seasonal buy plan, including internal management buy reviews and reporting status/progress.
- Ensure that the most accurate forecast & buy process are executed following seasonal purchasing guidelines in order to minimize overbuy.
- Continually improvements of processes, working routines, tools and systems support to reduce internal administration time and optimize the matching of production orders vs. customer orders. Thereby, enhance delivery accuracy and to shorten production and material lead-time.
- Guide and support buyers in demand and production capacity planning decisions.
- Work in co-operation with our suppliers to optimize/negotiate our lead-times, minimum quantities and upcharges.
- Ensure internal stakeholders have relevant and updated information during the buy and delivery phase. communication with factories.
- Responsible for the left-over fabric and plan for additional production to minimize fabric stock as well as execution of annual material inventory.
- Support the individual team members’ performance and professional development aligned with business needs. Clarify expectations, goals and targets through the Performance Appraisal and Development process. Provide coaching, guidance and support and share knowledge and experience.
- Ensure that all logistic planning (inbound and outbound), execution and follow up meet set standards for deliveries to Sweden and the hub in Hong Kong.
Distribution & Warehouse Management
- Ensure that the central warehouse and distribution to and from the warehouse has the right organization, processes, systems and facilities to achieve 100% qualitative and timely deliveries to our customers.
- In close collaboration with the IT manager ensure that the right IT processes and systems exists in order to optimize an effective supply flow from production planning until customer delivery.
- Have a relevant academic education preferably from purchasing supply management.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Operations (Logistics, Warehousing, Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Purchasing).
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the manufacturing processes, preferably textile garments/accessories.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of successful team leadership where you have managed managers.
- Experience from working in a global setting with strong internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience from a producing company, preferably from consumer goods within the fashion/sports/outdoor industry.
- Experience and system knowledge from SAP is merited.
- Fluency in the Swedish and English languages.
- Strong drive and results orientation with a hands on approach. Have a strong ability to shift between strategic and executional areas of work.
- Strong communication: confidence in conveying a message and fact-based arguments to management and other key internal and external stakeholders.
- Peoples person with a keen interest in creating strong internal and external relations.
- Are a strong leader with the ability to lead and inspire employees, delegate tasks and develop team members working with feedback and coaching
- Down to earth personality with an prestigeless approach to work.