Our vision: To make life easier for Scandinavia´s frequent traveler. With SAS you are part of a community experiencing easy, joyful and reliable services, delivered the Scandinavian way. SAS is Scandinavia´s largest airline with approximately 1100 departures per day to our 136 destinations. SAS is a part of Star Alliance which gives our passengers access to destinations worldwide.
SAS EuroBonus, part of the newly established SAS Growth division in SAS, is the main vehicle for SAS to build towards its vision to become a membership airline and to make life easier for Scandinavia’s frequent travelers. The program has today 5,3 million members and is ranked as one of world’s leading loyalty programs with a highly active and engaged member base. SAS is now investing further into the program by deploying the next generation program, revamping IT infrastructure and expanding the program team by recruiting more exceptionally talented professionals.
We are now hiring a Program Developer Earn and Spend. Your mission is to, through innovative and data driven program development, build a competitive EuroBonus Earn and Spend offering (accrue/ earn points on flights and redeem/ use points on flights) that drives maximal business effects for SAS and customer satisfaction for all members, from EuroBonus Basic members to Diamond. You are ready to pursue the challenge to develop easy-to-understand and -use offers from idea to launch, in a technically, financially and commercially complex context, driven by passion for digitalization and member experience.
The position will be reporting to Head of Program Development and Management.
- Be the business area “earn and spend mechanics” expert and as such be responsible for leveraging existing value proposition for EuroBonus
- Build, drive and manage the earn and spend development roadmap. Develop business cases and ensure that initiatives drive the right financial and commercial business effects. Development initiatives could include new digital products or services, new pricing/ steering models, dynamic trigger programs supporting personalized offers, ways of distribution or new commercial terms
- Initiate, lead and drive cross-functional program development projects from ideation phase to commercial launch. Pending project scope and characteristics of the project, the work model is either based on SAS product development control gate methodology or a more agile service creation methodology, working closely with front- and back end developers in shorter sprints
- Be responsible for and drive EuroBonus digital back log when it comes to award booking flows and upsell
- Working closely with EuroBonus Partner team in non-air related development/ redemption projects in order to further optimize the program
- Together with other program developers feed inspiration, trends, market driver knowledge and competitor movements to the department to ensure innovative and profitable development
- University degree, Master of Science, Business or equivalent
- 3+ years experience from and proven successful track record of leading complex commercial and digital development projects in matrix organizations
- Background within management consulting is a plus
- Experience and knowledge from complex business areas such as ticketing/ fare filing and/ or pricing/ revenue management strategy
- Experience from the loyalty and airline/ FFP industry is a plus
- Experience of e-com and/or payment is a plus
- Experience from lean service creation/ agile principles and methodology is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with both internal and external parties
- Excellent ability to lead cross-functional teams in an effective and productive way
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to compile large amounts of information in a structured way and develop evidence-based recommendations for management on various levels
- Excellent knowledge of business case development, analysis in Excel and presentation of results and recommendations in Power Point
- Strong commercial and financial mindset
- Highly result- and execution-orientated, passionate about managing cross functional projects and teams and involving end customers in the development process
- Structured, analytical and flexible problem-solver
- High degree of independence, personal drive and capability to take own initiatives
- High social competence – a solid team player with the ability to motivate and interact with different departments