Edgeware is a growing and leading provider of fully featured, highly flexible and scalable solution for next generation TV video delivery over internet and IP networks. Being at the forefront of a rapidly expanding global market of solutions for video streaming to TVs, tablets, phones and computers. The Stockholm-based company now serves more than 150 customers, ranging from telecommunication operators, pay TV service providers, broadcasters and content providers, in over 30 countries with more than 20 million subscribers globally Edgeware has managed to combine high growth with profitability, which has been evidenced by recognitions by the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 and Red Herring 100 awards among others. Edgeware was listed on NASDAQ in Stockholm December 2016.
We are now looking for a Product Director that is responsible for Edgeware’s product road map, price models and price list, value proposition and portfolio strategy together with the CPTO and the management team. Based in Stockholm, he/she will together with the Product Managers, manage the end-to-end product lifecycle and drive and guide new product ideas and improvements from an initial concept to a full-blown product launch. The Product Director role also has the P&L responsibility of the product portfolio.
The Product Director reports to Johan Bolin, CPTO.
Areas of responsibility
- Owner of the overall product roadmap, pricing and high level prioritization of features etc. based on company strategy and vision, working together with Product Managers
- Ongoing market/industry tracking and engaging with stakeholders to gain a deep understanding of customer needs and experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Evaluates business opportunities and sets go-to-market strategy (e.g. Make/buy).
- Measure, report and follows up performance of new and existing products/features.
- Evangelize the product strategy and vision and be the primary Product interface for Sales, CFO, Product Marketing, Marketing. Communicate with key stakeholders across the organization to sell the product direction, share priorities, roadmap, and learnings.
- Partner and engage with Technical Product Managers, System Management and R&D to successfully prioritize features and ensure appropriate development initiatives.
- MSc degree in engineering or business or similar
- 5+ years of experience in product management or related experience.
- Demonstrated experience in setting directions/vision and acting like an evangelist.
- Track record of developing product management and delivering innovative products.
- Technical acumen and interest
- Experience in interacting with customers and partners.
- Solid understanding and working experience of the internet video / streaming services, OTT broadcast and Pay TV business is a strong advantage.
- Passion about user experience and optimizing a product to achieve the business goals
- Fast at grasping, curious and takes holistic view and has global and creative mind set; thinks across disciplines, industries, scenarios etc.
- Excellent communications skills coupled with a compelling articulate style with a track record of engaging, motivating and convincing others.
- Is a collaborative and effective relationship builder who easily integrates in and inspires an existing team.
- Fluent in english