We are moving the world forward by optimizing energy usage. By creating products and services that provide opportunities, save time and reduce power consumption, we are making people’s lives easier and more environmentally friendly.Our solutions for charging, power supply and electrical preheating provide our customers with unmatched reliability, flexibility and convenience. DEFA products feature the best available technology and offers first-rate efficiency, safety and user-friendliness.
DEFA is strengthening its export organization to execute on a new and extensive export plan within the Auto & Industry (A&I) range of product. Therefor DEFA is looking for a Senior Export Manager with extensive experience of successfully building effective export distribution organizations.
The Export Manager overall responsibilities includes managing and driving the A&I related sales, marketing and distribution activities in new and existing export countries, including sales & marketing, distribution, application development, technical support, managing staff & organization and the overall fulfillment of strategic and tactical business objectives.
In this role your work will include but is not limited to:
Work with distributors
- Plan, direct and coordinate the sales and distribution activities for A&I business in defined export countries
- Lead and manage direct reports, develop and implement plans to grow the international A&I business
- Plan, establish and maintain systems & procedures for international sales distribution efficiency and ensure recruitments and organizational development
- Managing international distributors
- Establish and develop distribution in defined export markets
- Ensure that distributors manage sales, information and follow up of customers according to defined sales process and DEFA´s standard
- Continuously train distributors
- Establish and develop leading international customer relationships
- Represent the business at conferences, trade fairs, and networking events
- Develop multi-channel brand marketing and promotional programs that support brand growth in export countries
- Manage the teams sales, and drive own sales
- Develop strategy, tactics, sales plans, sales & cost budget within given margin targets
- Identify and reporting on business opportunities in target markets
- Oversee and support sales development with project sales towards targeted customers according to defined sales process (relationship-building, evaluation, prioritization & follow-up of projects, CRM, etc.)
Required educational level.
- Preferably a Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) or degree in Sales & Marketing
- Strong technical understanding (components, products and systems)
- International working and/or study experience is preferred
Required personal qualifications & abilities.
- You should be experienced in leading a sales team and attracting/developing talent
- We also see that you are maintaining a good relationship with colleagues globally, and that you have the ability to work well in an International business environment and diversified culture
- You should have a proven record of establishing green field sales and distribution in export countries
We also believe that you have strong ability and interest in automotive business in general
- High drive and energy, strong business morality and a humble approach
- Communicative – collaborate and contribute to solution oriented teamwork
- Team oriented as well as good individual skills
- Experience in leading and coaching international sales/marketing teams
- Problem solving and strategic thinking – strong analytical ability
- Innovative – interested in applying new techniques and design patterns, but also fluent in current best practices and standards
- Ability to meet deadlines through good time management and allocation of priorities and follow up
- Ease of working with a variety of PC based systems (CRM, Office, etc.)
- English – both spoken and written is a requirement.
The position is located in the Swedish office in Kista, Stockholm and reporting to Executive Vice President Auto & Industry