J.LINDEBERG is a global lifestyle brand with the goal to become the most successful sport fashion brand in the world. We believe in creating winning goods for a contemporary and active lifestyle. Products that are loved by our community of modern, aware consumers and adventurous explorers all over the world. At JL you will have the opportunity to learn and grown with some of the most talented, passionate and fun people in the industry. If you like things to move fast, have an entrepreneurial spirit and never settle, you’ll fit right in. Innovation is close to our hearts and we take action to minimize our impact on the world we live in. We work within different areas, but we work together as one team. We encourage communication and believe in building team spirit by organizing fun events and company trips.
Being Product Development Manager Ski at J.Lindeberg requires a holistic- and cross functional approach with the ability to work pre-season, in season and long term all at the same time. This role will play an important and central role within the J.Lindeberg Product Development organisation.
As Product Development Manager you will be responsible for creating and executing the overall commercial strategy and direction for the Ski product group. You have a management responsibility for the Ski Product Development team, a headcount of 3, that consists product developer from a junior to senior level.
The position is based at J.Lindeberg’s HQ in Stockholm and will report directly to the Head of Product Development. The role will include traveling on a recurrent basis.
- Responsible for product development and safeguard product quality in collaboration with design, pattern and production manager.
- Responsible for deliver high quality products in a timely and cost-efficient manner and secure price setting according to JL standards.
- Lead, coach, recruit the product development team of three.
- Part ownership, together with Head of Product Development, for the cost budget and forecasting associated to the product development of the ski category.
- Together with key stakeholders set and execute the seasonal range plan and merchandise plan.
- Evaluate and implement sales input into the collection.
- Source, maintain and negotiate with new and excisting suppliers in order to optimise production and quality.
- Scheduling and planning according to JL time line, incl capacity- and greige booking.
- Responsible for accurate information towards the suppliers and sale team.
- Responsible for planning and executing seasonal meetings.
- Responsible for internal and external presentation of the collection.
- Relevant academic education preferably from Textile Engineering or Textile Economy is merited but not mandatory.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience from working with outdoor/sports garment development as well as production and sourcing at a senior level.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the related manufacturing and product development landscape.
- Minimum of 3 years’ proven leadership and coaching skills. Experience from leading a production, design or buying team.
- Experience from working in a global setting with strong internal and external stakeholders.
- Fluency in English.
- Strong drive and results orientation with an entrepreneurial and hands on approach.
- Peoples person with a keen interest in creating strong internal and external relations.
- A strong leader with the ability to lead and inspire employees, delegate tasks and develop team members working with feedback and coaching.
- Strong communicatior that can communicate constructively with internal and external key stakeholders.
- Down to earth personality with a prestigeless and team oriented approach to work.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, organize and get things done.