Discovery Networks Sweden är landets näst största kommersiella mediahus och omfattar bland annat tv-kanalerna Kanal 5, Kanal 9, Discovery Channel, Eurosport samt Dplay en av Sveriges snabbast växande onlineplattformar med 1,7 miljoner startade strömmar per vecka. Discovery Networks Sweden ägs av Discovery Inc (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) som är världsledande inom verklighetsbaserad tv-underhållning och som når över 3 miljarder tittare i drygt 220 länder och territorier.
As Discovery Communications’ portfolio continues to grow – around the world and across platforms – the Global Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world class standard for which Discovery is known. GT&O builds, implements and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering Discovery’s products, while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Discovery’s growing pay-TV, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
From Stockholm to Sydney and from satellite and broadcast operations to SAP, we are driving Discovery forward on the leading edge of technology.
Discovery operates on a worldwide basis to produce & acquire content from thousands of global partners, schedule hundreds of linear TV & online channels, and distribute content to hundreds of affiliates including cable TV, free-to-air broadcast, and online video providers such as Amazon and iTunes. Our team partners closely with business teams, to develop product strategy, manage the requirements process, and support the software development lifecycle through delivery and ongoing maintenance.
The Business Analyst is responsible for the planning and execution throughout the lifecycle of one or more software solutions within a business domain. This includes creating and prioritizing product and business requirements and working closely with business and technology teams to ensure business stakeholder and end user satisfaction goals are met. He or she will create and develop requirements and concepts for product enhancements in support of business and technology needs. This position provides a wide variety of services to our business users including business analysis and quality assurance, in support of strategic and tactical planning of systems feature / functionality as well as day to day business operations.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Serve as primary contact for Ad Sales systems in Sweden and Finland to the local teams.
- Manage business and functional requirements for the Landmark ATS system.
- Provide project management support for software releases as necessary.
- Foster relationships with multiple business organizations, global technology groups and 3rd party software vendors including: facilitating requirement and design workshops, reviewing designs, test plans and test cases; reviewing vendor deliverables and schedules; managing quality or delivery issues with the vendor; coordinating end user testing and sign-off for in-house and vendor deliverables.
- Ability to travel to Helsinki and to other global offices if required.
- Provide subject matter expertise for one or more business process areas and supporting systems.
- Experience working with external software development & internal testing teams.
- Demonstrate strong analytical, leadership & communication skills including negotiation, conflict resolution, grace under pressure, and the ability to manage upwards and across.
- When required, perform quality assurance on vendor released code in support of both projects and application support activities. Execute test plans to validate application functionality.
- Coordinate and manage UAT activities with the business.
- Able to work under minimal supervision with extensive latitude for independent judgment.
- Manage the assessment of business requests for projects and enhancements.
- Work collaboratively with teams to define business specifications, prioritize features, build consensus and coordinate project schedules across multi-discipline teams
- Prioritize enhancement requests with other change requests to improve system reliability and performance and reduce maintenance.
- Deliver support to end users in the organization regarding how to use various types of software programs efficiently and effectively in fulfilling business objectives.
- Assist in the design, delivery, and improvement of in-house training programs and related courseware.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the IT industry, with a few years of business and/or systems analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or equivalent degree/work experience
- Experience within the Broadcast Technology, Linear and/or Digital Ad Sales landscape is preferred.