Our client is designer outdoor brand founded in Sweden and distributed globally. On behalf of the company we are looking for an Interim Head of Group Accounting and Financial Control. This is a contract assignment, 6 months starting in september. There is also a possibility of a permanent employment at the termination of the contract.
As the Interim HGA&FC you will work closely with the Group CFO in managing the company’s finances. You will lead and develop the finance team with responsibilities for FPA (financial planning & analysis) and overall reporting activities. You will be a key stakeholder and play a crucial part in driving the understanding for the financial agenda internally. Furthermore, you will be responsible for the Groups application management and is expected to drive operational excellence through continuous process improvements.
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations as well as the accounting team of six.
- From a strategic point of view manage relations with outsourced service providers and contacts with auditors.
- Overall responsible for development and improvement of internal controls and accounting guidelines ensuring compliance with Swedish K3-standards.
- Lead the finance activities for the group including month-end and annual closing procedures as well as legal reporting requirements.
- Monitor accounting data as well as supporting on a variety of ad-hoc projects and analysis.
- Support the company’s budget and forecast process and timely delivery of reporting package.
- Develop and champion process improvement for reduced manual intervention in accounting.
- From a management point of view, responsible for the companies’ tax work including VAT, income tax, and transfer pricing.
- Manage the accounting team’s work on the consolidation process of several international subsidiaries.
- Lead technological and process improvements in financial reporting and accounting to improve operational excellence.
- Super user of Microsoft Dynamics Ax .
- Academic degree within accounting, finance or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience, preferably from a global context.
- +3 years’ experience leading a team.
- Experience working at a wholesale/retail-oriented company is a highly advantageous.
- Profound understanding of accounting standards (mainly K3).
- Highly proficient within financial and business systems (e.g. Microsoft Dynamics AX) and other relevant software.
- Fluent in both Swedish and English with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A pedagogical and self-confident individual that enjoys working close with a lot of different stakeholders.
- Curious and socially oriented with a lot of energy and a can-do mentality.
- Solid analytical skills, a proactive and humble attitude.
- Strong leadership, team building and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and deliver tangible results within specific timelines.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work efficiently at all levels of the organization.