Are you a passionate consumer research professional looking for a new challenge in an entrepreneurial and international environment? Do you want to be a part of a purpose driven FMCG-company and be a key player in developing well-known brands and creating best in class break through innovations? Maybe the role of Consumer Experience Design Manager at Danone is the right role for you!
ABOUT THE JOB
Innovation plays a key role in Danone´s growth agenda, and as Consumer Experience Design Manager it´s important to have strong capacity to connect to consumers, drive agile design of our innovations and challenge business teams, being obsessed by consumer needs and design to superior value.
You will be a part of the Research & Innovation team for Nordics & Baltics that is responsible for designing & developing superior experiences (products & pack) in line with consumer expectations, business opportunities and the brand strategy of the cluster.
The role is truly in a multi-functional environment, you will collaborate with many different stakeholders like local and European Research & Innovation teams, European Consumer Experience team, Design, Sensory and Behavior experts, Product and Pack Experts and Nutrition Managers. You will also work closely with other internal business functions like Marketing, Operations & Project Managers, Quality and Sales, as well as external consumer research agencies and innovation design agencies.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Promote and embed consumer centric and user experience mindset within the organization.
- As user voice catalyst, inspire Research & Innovation team by detecting consumer insights and/or opportunities in terms of ingredient trends, sensory spaces, products, packaging, benefits.
- Closely work with the Strategy & Insights team as “One Insight Community” to design superior experiences with intent; decide user & consumer needs, identify benefits, differentiators and translate them into actionable levers for the Research & Innovation team to ”design” awesome food experiences that people will adopt.
- Part of the project teams throughout the “new product launch” process to ensure that the products and packs being developed are in line with consumer needs.
- Embed “Consumer Experience Pyramid” as a way to design superior experiences and recommends required approaches to reach this objective (sensory decoding, drivers of liking, user journeys, pain points/delighters etc.)
- Co-lead with Strategy & Insights the superiority program (plan set-up, implementation & insights translation in action plan).
- Be a business partner to the marketing team in driving the brand toward consumer needs.
- Make recommendations for re-works or renovations to the Research & Innovation teams on the basis of sensory & consumer results and/or market & competition diagnosis (Product Superiority Program, Quality Store-check, competition analysis)
- Define the target sensory identity of the products and their key criteria as input for product specifications, working closely with the Research & Innovation teams.
- Assures relevant sensory/tasting trainings for project teams.
In order to be successful, you need to have:
- University degree ideally in field of behavior sciences or food science.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Food & Beverage industry, in Consumer/User Experience, product or packaging design.
- Knowledge and experience from consumer qualitative research (product & pack focused) and food sensory analysis.
- Statistical competencies on various methodologies from qualitative to quantitative.
- Experience in consumer connection, insights capture & capable to drive conclusions.
- Experience in driving design sprints and animate teams in small workshops.
- Knowledge of Design Thinking and other agile methodologies (e.g., lean start-up etc.)
- Digitally fluent, able to capture insights from social media and various online tools, and fully operational in regular Microsoft Office programs.
- Self-starter, able to quickly understand objectives and independently manage the delivery of results.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to listen and translate this into actionable brief.
- Fluent in Swedish & English language.
- Ability to switch between strategic and operational tasks.
- Ability to build strong networks and relationships with different stakeholders.
- Passion for finding and cracking the consumer tension and to deliver relevant, unique & superior innovations.
A career in a purpose driven and fast-moving international company. We have a performance culture but how we reach our goals is equally important as the end results. In line with our values we foster a friendly, motivating and supportive culture where everyone is a leader, no matter what your position is within our organization. We encourage an entrepreneurial mind-set by giving our employees the opportunity to drive growth of strong brands, contribute to a healthier world as well as develop professionally and personally.