Our client, a rapidly growing consumer brand start-up, is now looking for a talented, experienced, problem-solving Head of Finance to temporarily lead the Finance team until a long-term solution is in place. This is a full-time, at least 6 month assignment, starting asap.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Finance with a proactive and hands-on approach to business development, to transform the finance function into an in-house center of excellence and take the company to new levels. You’ll be leading the financial department to ensure that our goals and targets are constantly over-achieved.
As Head of Finance you will own all finance processes, including accounting monthly close, KPIs, setting up strategies, and cash flow management. By combining an understanding of finance and a strong practical knowledge of financial statements, you will perform various financial planning and analysis processes to support key decisions, drive growth, and ensure financial objectives and targets are reached.
You will be responsible for driving continuous improvements to the company’s reporting process and provide insights and strategies to support exponential growth. You will interact with cross-functional team leaders in the organization to review financial results and forecasting, identify risks and opportunities, recommend actions, and ensure budget management.
Among other things, you will:
● Set up the reporting and financial performance management frameworks to ensure stellar financial accounting and reporting for excellent ongoing control of the finances
● Facilitate decision making for the company through robust financial modeling and the interpretation of key business and financial trends
● Develop a highly competent, data-driven, and agile team of internal and external financial resources that constantly learn and improve
● Lead the preparation of internal and external reporting packages, review financial data and reporting, including financial reports to the board, management, auditors, and other stakeholders
● Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results, and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans
● Identify and execute P&L optimization initiatives
● Continuously improve and scale the financial model and reporting tools and methodologies
● Effectively manage numerous projects at a given time in a fast-paced environment
Who we believe you are:
A true team player and passionate leader who inspires everyone around you on a daily basis. You are known to go above and beyond, you raise the bar, and always exceed expectations. You have the ability to combine speed with a deep understanding of business principles and have a strategic mindset and operational focus.
● 5-10+ years experience from a similar role at a high-growth startup or company within FMCG/e-commerce
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
● Strong ability to prioritize multiple projects and quickly adapt in an evolving environment
● Advanced Excel and financial modeling skills
● Strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
● Strong ability to see around corners and anticipate future business scenarios, allowing for sustainable and rapid growth
Does this sound like a role made for you? We look forward to hearing from you!