Head of Global Project Control
As Head of Global Project Control within a global digital advisory and IT services company, we want you to lead our global project control team of 15 project controllers located in 7 different countries. You will report to the Director of Global Finance and Operations (GFO) and be a part GFO management group. Your key responsibilities will be to ensure that the project control department deliver its core purposes; (1) govern that the business is compliant to law, regulations, and policies, (2) ensure correct and timely accounting of project financials, (3) enable support to Project Managers and Service Delivery Managers regarding project financials and administration.
- On a day-to-day basis you will be responsible for leading the Project Controlling department. This includes managing the team’s performance, developing their skills, and recruiting new members.
- Having 1/1
- Follow up targets
- Ensure proper resource planning
- Ensure compliance with the policies, processes, and procedures.
- Lead the development of our project controlling department which includes developing processes, system applications and routines.
- Drive the change journey of the new project controller role, go from administrative focused to analysis and commercial focused.
- Engage with colleagues and senior managers in all parts of the organization to drive the required change journeys.
- Work closely with Business Finance and Finance Operations community, both in sharing insights and in setting priorities and routines.
- Effectively monitor, analyze and report project KPI:s, risks, opportunities and deviations.
- Ensure that the booked figures are reflecting the status of the business (provisions, revenue recognition etc).
What do we expect?
- Proven leadership experience and change management leadership experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a management position.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Controlling Department in an international company.
- Relevant degree in Finance.
- Excellent communication skills & English proficiency.
- Exceptionally good problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Personal qualities that we cherish are curiosity, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit, and a sense of humor
- To be successful in the role you need to be business oriented and enjoy having the role as the bridge between the business and finance.
- Preferable been a part of an ERP implementation project
- Travel time, to visit team members, primarily in Scandinavia.
Methodology & Culture
- Lead by example and display great team spirit and loyalty towards your colleagues whilst encouraging and maintaining a high level of performance.
- Ensure to follow frameworks, processes, policies, routines etc.
- Using experience, provide feedback and recommendations to improve current processes / methodology.
- Provide support to your peers, your project team and the wider global team for your specific areas of expertise and contribute to the continuous development.
- Contribute to business culture and values, which are the basis for our success, are maintained and developed further.