SAS is recruiting for a Business Development & Strategy Manager
SAS Corporate Strategy is a small department working closely with SAS’ management team. The department is responsible for the overall SAS business strategy which is updated annually. Outside the annual strategy work the unit is working closely with management and business unit leaders to develop department strategies, deliver strategic projects, and support overall top management decision making.
SAS is on a transformation journey in a challenging industry with new customer behaviors and a quickly changing competitive landscape. The strategy team is central to SAS’ transformation and there are numerous interesting and challenging new topics to be addressed in the future.
The strategy team is continuously looking for great talent to further strengthen the team. As Business Development & Strategy Manager you are located at SAS head office in Frösundavik and reports to Vice President Corporate Strategy.
Business Development & Strategy Manager Responsibilities
- Contribute to SAS’ development by managing strategic projects throughout the organization. Projects typically require a hypothesis driven approach to problem solving, the ability to summarize and communicate key issues as well as collaborating with cross functional teams.
- Participate in the annual strategy process, working directly with Group Management and helping to form future vision for SAS’ business strategy
- Perform strategic analysis in selected areas and produce decision supporting material for Group Management
Your Qualifications and Requirements
- University degree – Master of Science/Business Administration or equivalent
- 2-4 years of experience from consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy or similar with a proven track record of delivering complex projects and/or business transformation
- Project management experience and ability to move multiple initiatives forward, while managing deliverables and deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to be likable yet persistent
- Excellent Excel and data management skills
- Ability to build and articulate compelling stories using PowerPoint
- Fluent in Swedish/Danish/Norwegian and English
As a person you have the ability and potential to develop great leadership and teambuilding skills. Further on you are a quick learner with strong business acumen. You are driven and have a strong focus on delivery and results. You have a pragmatic, “Can do” attitude and the integrity and ability to perform under pressure. To succeed in this role you must have the ability to interact effectively on all levels in the organization. It’s an extra plus if you have a high level of interest in the Airline Industry.
We offer you: On joining SAS Corporate Strategy, you will be a part of a driven, capable and high performing team, working with a wide range of strategic projects and with a high level of exposure to senior management throughout the organization. You will also gain an opportunity to learn about the airline industry from the inside and contribute to the fast paced transformation that it is currently undergoing.