Are you experienced in developing global retail & off trade strategies based on shopper insights & behaviors? Do you have a strong knowledge of how to enhance the shopper experience throughout an omni-channel consumer journey? Are you a strategic thinker who has created global strategies that drive proven & sizable business results?
The Absolut Company (TAC) is looking for a Marketing Manager Off Trade to lead the development of global Channel/Shopper Marketing capabilities and strategies. And in collaboration with Marketing Manager Shopper Journey ensure that these strategies can be translated into activities/programs that will generate profitable sales that are in line with brand strategies and local market needs.
These fundamental global capabilities & strategies should be based on lead market shopper/consumer insights through global/local data, as well as a deep rooted understanding of the whole shopper & consumer journey, the retail environment and customers. This also includes piloting new shopper focused programs, leading category management on a global level, and considering new POS/packaging solutions to meet consumer needs.
The purpose is to drive increased penetration, recruitment and revenue growth by creating key guidelines & policies for each retail channel on a global scale. Collaborating global & local market teams will then incorporate and translate these into consumer-facing programs & assets.
The role is preferably based at the Global HQ in Stockholm, or in another TAC key market and is reporting to Global Head of Channel Marketing.
- As a retail expert, you will champion sharpening the internal strategic understanding of retailers & shoppers to promote consumer-centricity and act as the internal knowledge hub and guardian for Off-Trade Channels and BTL practices.
- Lead development of the future vision for across BTL channels and world class Channel/Shopper Marketing capabilities
- Develop and own channel strategies & segmentations for all Off Trade channels, i.e Off trade/Retail, Global Travel Retail and e-commerce
- Build knowledge and understanding of global shopper and consumer insights & behaviours, in collaboration with the Consumer insight team
- Support to secure that shopper insights are embedded in early phases of all global projects
- Connect consumer understanding (Maestria) to shopper & category insights to create a future focused customer strategy that is commercially profitable for customers
- Lead category management of TAC brands (Absolut & Malibu) with lead markets & key retailers by analytically looking at current trends, seasonality and consumer/shopper/buyer needs
- Win in key occasions by understanding shopping trips and deliver shopper solutions for key Off Trade channels and leverage packaging diversification as part of solutions
- Build new Omni channel and path to purchase strategies to ensure optimal asset development for key channel programs (eg penetration in small basket shop trips)
- Create Global Channel/Shopper Marketing community to share best practices and thought leadership
- Primary BTL contact for Drive Markets, Global Brand Team & Brand Create function
- Academic degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- 10 years of work experience in relevant marketing, trade/retail management and/or brand positions
- Proven track record of leading Shopper Marketing, Category Management or Trade/Channel projects from strategic direction to launch
- Experience of working with Off Trade channels such as Retail, E-commerce, Travel Retail.
- FMCG and Spirits industry experience desirable
- International or multi countries experience is preferred
- Ability to understand Category growth drivers and the Customer perspective and their primary drivers and KPIs
- Fluent in verbal and written English is a must.
A highly motivated self-starter with strong leadership, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills. The ability to collaborate effectively across functions with passion and enthusiasm. Strong entrepreneurial ability to work around obstacles, results driven, and a bias for action with a pilot/learn/scale approach.
- Strategic thinker, while also have ability to think out of the box, and be hands-on
- Excellent analytical skills, fact-based decision making and experience with sell-out/shopper data
- Exceptional relationship skills with an ability to navigate a matrix organization and leverage networks
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders simultaneously
- Excellent skills in managing time sensitive projects
- Strong focus on team leadership
- Strong results focus with a proven ability to work around obstacles in order to achieve business goals