About the job
As Head of Legal, Compliance & Regulatory you will lead all Legal, Regulatory Affairs and Compliance activities for the business in the Nordics & Baltics. The role is responsible for advising the Leadership team, senior management and key internal clients on all legal and regulatory obligations, protecting its interests and ensuring compliance with relevant legal and regulatory requirements that affect its business activities.
You will be leading a team of Legal Counsels and Regulatory Affairs Managers across the Nordics & Baltic countries, and you will together with your team work closely with our leaders at all levels and across several legal entities. The expertise you and your team will deliver to the business will cover a diverse range of legal areas, considering you have everything from factories to offices in the region and we produce both food and nutritional products as a part of an international company.
- Lead and develop your team of Legal Counsels and Regulatory experts to ensure best possible support for the business and key stakeholder.
- Analyze legal risks & opportunities and build legal strategies to ensure business protection and growth.
- Lead the management of key disputes, crisis, conflicts with consumers, customers authorities, competitors or other stakeholders.
- Conduct legal watch, monitor food law regulations and ensure comprehensive and on-going knowledge of emerging trends and subjects that have potential to impact the business.
- Implement guidelines and policies that reduce legal risk and protect the assets of the business.
- Ensure compliance with EU and national legislation in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia for all products in our portfolio, spanning over several different categories.
- Provide hands-on support to Regulatory team with communication material and artwork validation, product labels, notifications, registrations and reimbursement.
- Report legal matters (litigation. Company status, IP) to the central teams.
- Provide training to the business on legal, compliance and regulatory topics.
Who are we looking for?
- Qualified lawyer (jur. kand) in one of the Nordic countries with 10+ years’ experience from legal or regulatory services.
- Proven experience from managing, coaching and developing a team. Experience in remote management is an advantage.
- Ideally, you have previous experience from working in-house and/or within the fast moving consumer goods industry.
- Experience from the regulatory field within food legislation.
- High level of verbal and written communication and negotiation skills in English and Swedish. Other Nordic or Baltic languages is a merit.
- Strong organizational skills – the ability to coordinate and prioritize many different tasks/projects at the same time and the ability to adapt to change and meet deadlines.
- Integrity and grit to drive development in a fast-moving environment.