As a business analyst you will support management and business units to make informed, data-driven decisions, thus helping the business area attract and serve its customers in a smarter way. You will be responsible for creating insights and business value from data available in our analysis platform (data warehouse) and/or other support systems, often in close collaboration with other business areas in Fortum. You will also work closely together with the data management team to ensure the availability and quality of data. Furthermore, build insight on the customer base to identify the next best action and continuously improve operation and processes by following up on findings and exploring data.
We are working in cross-functional teams with the development of Fortum’s services to customers through an agile way of working. You will be active in this work and communicate analysis in a precise and easy-to-understand manner for management and other decision-makers. In addition, you are expected to be a contributor to other relevant projects internally.
- Academic degree in Business, Industrial Engineering or other relevant advanced degree
- +2 years of experience in the consulting industry or similar roles, with commercial analysis, segmentation and / or modeling
- Experience with programming languages such as SQL and visualization tool Power BI is a strong advantage.
- Good written and verbal ability in English and Swedish
- Proven track record in developing and managing relationships and networks in large organizations.
To succeed in this position, you need strong analytical skills and be a problem solver using data to create insight for decision making. It is important that you are self-driven with the ability to prioritize while being conscientious in the work you undertake. You are an initiator who takes the lead in processes, you build good relationships, and you communicate well with your colleagues and stakeholders. As a person you are also curious and have an innovative mindset, with a desire and ability to dig into complex issues and use hypothesis testing in the process.
The position is based in Gothenburg but expects, from time to time, to travel and cooperate with counterparts in our other business units in the Nordics.