Dplay is owned by Discovery Inc (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) which is the world leader in real life entertainment and reaches over 3 billion viewers in over 220 countries and territories, in 50 different languages. Discovery Nordics includes TV channels such as Kanal 5 Sverige, Kanal 5 Danmark, TVNorge, MAX, FEM, Kanal 9, Kanal 11, Discovery Channel, Eurosport 1, Eurosport 2, TLC, Animal Planet, Discovery Science, Investigation Discovery, Discovery World, Discovery HD Showcase, Animal Planet HD and many more. In Sweden, Discovery Networks Sweden has a weekly linear reach of just over 4.2 million viewers, and Dplay is with 1.7 million started streams per week one of Sweden’s fastest growing online platforms. Discovery Networks Sweden has, among many other things, the exclusive rights for the 2018-2024 Olympics and the Allsvenskan 2020-2025.
The Senior Acquisition Growth Strategist leads the digital marketing efforts across paid advertising channels. The position includes strategy and oversight of all paid digital efforts including paid search, paid social, paid video, paid display and works closely with our in-house buying agency.
In this role you will lead the Dplay Acquisition Strategy Team that create demand for Dplay to maximize new customer acquisition by optimizing the entire funnel, from awareness marketing, consideration and driving to final conversion. You have a solid understanding of display, video, SEM and overall paid digital advertising strategies in order to manage a team and execute appropriate tactics, through our in-house buying agency, to invent and maintain timely and relevant always on marketing campaigns and growth initiatives that drive company goals.
As Team lead for the Acquisition Strategy team you will work with Paid Acquisition Manager and Creative Performance Manager to optimize our paid advertising to user intent and creative offering over the full funnel and across all our major channels. The output from this team will be to steer our internal buying agency and our Creative Hub creative production towards incremental user growth.
- Overall responsible for development and continuous improvement of the Dplay acquisition growth strategy and its business objectives to drive new customer acquisition.
- Working closely with the Paid Acquisition Strategist and Creative Performance Manager in development of innovative digital marketing strategies for programmatic display and video, paid social media touchpoints.
- Leading Dplay show portfolio promotion through data driven approach and continuous optimization to generate demand for portfolio content, leading to acquisition.
- Manage the team that drive paid media tactics including initial planning, implementation, monitoring, optimization, analysis and reporting.
- Collaborate with the creative team, buying team, and company stakeholders to get content and creative assets developed to support digital marketing activities.
- Manage communication and coordinate efforts with internal stakeholders, colleagues, and other marketing departments to implement cohesive and successful paid advertising campaigns.
- Manage relationships with and oversee our digital marketing vendors to reach desired performance results, including project timings and KPIs.
- In cooperation with analysts and attribution specialists, develop, oversee and report on the digital advertising budget and return on investment and lifetime value.
- Research best practices and toolsets within digital marketing and identify new opportunities for Dplay.
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent technical knowledge/work experience
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Previous professional experience in a digital marketing role focused on paid advertising
- Up-to-date with the latest digital marketing trends and best practices, specific to paid social, video and display advertising
- Demonstrated professional experience in data collection, tracking, strategic analysis, troubleshooting, interpretation, and reporting of paid advertising efforts.
- Professional experience and proven proficiency with digital marketing buying tools, DSPs and adservers (e.g., Google DV360, Google Campaign Manager, Google Ads, Facebook Ads Manager, Atlas, Smartly etc) and analytics tools (Adobe Analytics, Facebook Business Manager, Visual IQ etc)
- Experience with data processing, visualization, dashboards and reporting tools (e.g. Google Data Studio, Tableau, Power BI, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong relationship management with internal and external clients as well as key stakeholders
- A strategic and creative approach to deliver on results
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities while working to tight deadlines
- A strong team player, collaborating with colleagues in multiple locations
- Comfortable working in fast-paced, global matrix environment