PRA Group is a world leader in acquiring non-performing loans with more than 4000 employees and 43 million customers in 17 countries. PRA Group companies collaborate with customers to help them resolve their debt and provide a broad range of additional revenue and recovery services to business and government clients.
We are now searching for a Country Manager to our office in Uppsala.
The Country Manager has P&L responsibility for a 200 MSEK business and will play a central role contributing to the development of our portfolio investments in Sweden. Reporting to Country Operations Director, Nordic Region working in close co-operation with Regional Acquisition Director.
- Lead the servicing team in Uppsala and manage the day to day business of existing portfolios
- Accountable for collection results and building a high performance collection team in Sweden
- Help implement an ambitious business development strategy for Sweden – with the ambition to make significant portfolio investments.
- Work in close co-operation with Acquisition Director, Nordic Region to define and implement a business development plan for Sweden. This includes raising the profile of PRA Group amongst key partners in Sweden.
- Active involvement in the portfolio acquisitions process for Swedish opportunities.
- Participate in Nordic Investment Committees.
- Be responsible for our Swedish Office and lead the operations team in Uppsala, producing close to 200 MSEK of revenues
- Support development of Operational Strategy and key improvement Initiatives
- Rigorous assessment of performance through facts, analytics and initiate improvements Optimize net collection results on existing portfolio
- Ensure that our business are conducted in accordance with relevant legal requirements and company policies
- Support the portfolio acquisitions in terms of client meetings, due diligence, planning, execution and summary.
- Part of the Nordic Management Team
Professional Experience & Qualifications.
- University degree in Economics, Law or Business Administration/Management.
- Excellent Swedish and English, both written and orally.
- Work experience in relevant roles and preferably industry experience in the collections/consumer finance industry.
- Proven ability to execute and deliver results
- Ideally, experience from working on transactions and an appreciation of the urgent activities required to close deals
- Driver for results, analytical and into the details
- Hard working and capable to handle pressure
- Outgoing, proactive and driven
- Strong relationship builder
- Able to collaborate and to prioritize within a fast-pace international team
- Egoless team player, demanding but fair
- Comfortable to interact with executive-level contacts, internally and externally
- Accountable, loyal and able to tell the brutal fact when needed
- A challenging position in an international company
- Personal growth and development for the right candidate
- An exciting and diverse work environment in modern offices in central Uppsala
- Competitive compensation and benefits package