A century ago, 1914, in Torsang, Sweden, a forester’s son named Wiktor Haglöf designed and assembled a backpack for local workers. From that humble start in a farmhand’s cabin, the company he founded has become one of the largest suppliers of outdoor clothing, hardware and footwear in the Nordic region, Europe and Asia, and a member of the ASICS® family since 2010.
We believe in our products. At the very heart of Haglöfs are our designers, outdoor enthusiasts and former professionals themselves, who develop concepts based not on the latest fashion trends, but on the needs of real users today and tomorrow. Each one represents the culmination of research and testing that can last for years. Every seam and zipper, every strap and material receives careful consideration. We give our friends, outdoor professionals and adventurers, versions for real-world testing and feedback. The result is a strong product, built on technology and experience, ready to face a host of challenges. Haglöfs’ products reflect our core business concept, to be a responsible brand, meeting modern demands for users who invest in an active outdoor lifestyle. We believe that quality is something to be developed, and we strive to reach new heights, offering products with a high degree of functionality, good design and value. Our vision is to be a leader in the world markets, not only in the technical outdoor area, but also in sustainability. Our values are – Curios – Reliable – Proud!
As Global Marketing Director at Haglöfs you will have a key role in an organisation that is in constant change, where the environment is characterised by strong growth and good results. If you are an experienced marketeer who has extensive knowledge of marketing in a global context and where focus has been on re-vitalising or re-positioning brands, then this is the role for you!
Haglöfs has begun the journey of becoming a more brand-driven company by having set an overall strategy for this re-positioning. Haglöfs are therefore looking to find someone who can form and lead a marketing department, which have the knowledge and ability to execute this change. Furthermore, the Global Marketing Director is part of the management team and will have a key position in the efforts to drive the general strategic work forward.
The challenge in this role is to be able to drive this change globally, as the Haglöfs brand is perceived differently around the world, as well as maximising the results of marketing initiatives and activities based on a set budget. Furthermore, one will be a key figure in the efforts to drive internal change regarding processes and working structure related to becoming a brand-driven company.
• Create a well performing marketing organisation, which have the knowledge to execute the re-positioning process that Haglöfs has begun to implement
• Have the total budget responsibility for the marketing organisation and maximize the brand’s development and re-vitalisation
• The ultimate responsibility for the implementation and further development of Haglöfs global marketing strategies and concept
• Actively participate in the Haglöfs Group’s management team
We are looking for:
We are looking for someone with an extensive experience from working in senior positions within marketing and brand re-positioning. Furthermore, we are looking for the new Global Marketing Director who likes to challenge, be challenged and who would like to have a crucial role in a company with an exciting future. A company that is in a constant state of development and change.
You have the ability to see both the big picture and at the same time perceive the differences at a more detailed level. As a person you are an innovative, positive, self-starter who gets things done. You are service minded with a ’can do’ spirit and a desire to always deliver results beyond expectations.
You are communicative, positive with a strong self-drive and have good interpersonal skills. You are also analytical, results-oriented and driven to develop business against highly set targets.
We think your drivers are being a change-agent in a transforming business, building strong brands and creating new successful ways of working with strong results. You are attracted to the possibility to strengthening and re-finding the Haglöfs brand!
You have experience from:
• At least ten years experience in a senior marketing role
• Experience from working in a digital and non-digital context
• Extensive experience and track record from re-positioning and/or re-vitalising brands
• Working in a global setting with strong internal and external stakeholders
• A producing company, preferably from consumer goods and a premium brand
• Working in an organisation in transition, used to creating structure and order in a changing environment
We also believe you:
• Have a relevant education within Marketing or Business Management
• Have a keen interest in business
• Have a strong ability to shift between strategic and executional areas of work
• Are a goal oriented self-starter with an innovation driven approach
• Are focus on execution and creating results
• Are a strong leader with the ability to lead and inspire employees, delegate tasks and develop team members working with feedback and coaching
• Express yourself fluently in Swedish and/or English in speech and writing
For more information please contact Karin Geber, 0706431554, email@example.com
or Viktor Lundeberg, 0733091978, firstname.lastname@example.org