SAS’ vision is to make life easier for Scandinavia’s frequent travelers. With SAS, you are part of a community experiencing easy, joyful and reliable services, delivered the Scandinavian way. SAS is Scandinavia’s largest airline with approximately 800 departures per day to our 125 destinations. In 2014, approximately 28 million passengers travelled with SAS.
SAS Community Program (EuroBonus) is the main vehicle for SAS to build towards its vision to become a membership airline and to improve life for Scandinavia’s frequent travelers. The program has today 4,3 million members and is ranked as one of World’s leading loyalty programs with a highly active and engaged member base. SAS is now investing further into the program by deploying the next generation program, revamping IT infrastructure and expanding the community program team by recruiting more exceptionally talented professionals.
We are now hiring a Program Developer Premium Members. Your mission is to, through innovative program development, secure Community Program’s Premium member (Gold, Diamond, Pandion) value proposition (hidden and public benefits, both travel and “everyday”/ non-travel related and personal recognition concept) is cutting edge and maximizes business effects for SAS. You continuously challenge the organization to build a high-end competitive offering for premium community members, creating prerequisites for SAS becoming a true Membership airline.
The position will be reporting to Head of Program Development.
• Build and manage an innovative development roadmap for primarily premium members and act as the passionate SAS expert – “Ms/ Mr EBG, D and P” – ensuring that all products and service concepts are right and relevant, customer oriented and serves our purpose of making life easier for our members
• Independently identify, ideate, evaluate, recommend and initiate new program development projects within Premium member value proposition. Lead work with specifying rationale and developing business case for initiatives, ensuring that benefits and concepts are based on tangible customer insights (our members will show the direction), quantitative analysis and business intelligence.
• Drive and implement cross-functional development projects for a) new products and service concepts and b) extension/ further development of existing products and service concepts in alignment with the SAS Lean/ Customer Journey Product Development Model. Responsibility stretches until completed Post Launch phase, then the new product/ service is handed over to Program Management. You are responsible for involving Program Management and other stakeholders as needed in the Product Development Process.
• Together with Partnership Managers ideate, evaluate, conceptualize and design premium member partner offerings e.g. life packs, concierge services and other relevant and premium partner offerings making life easier for our members in order to further build and optimize community.
• Together with other program developers in the department contribute to the creative process, secure inspiration for the department and actively demonstrate the ideas and trends to ensure innovative and profitable program development
• Be the SAS expert on premium community programs, premium offerings, community development, recognition and travel/ life efficiency, continuously monitoring the competitive environment and identifying areas of improvement
• Perform other appropriate tasks in connection to the program development role as ensuring legal compliance, communication, stakeholder management and risk management
• University degree, Master of Science or equivalent
• In this role SAS explicitly searches for profiles with experience from premium service/ hospitality industry with proven track record from successful service transformations from analogue to digital.
• 3+ years proven track record from product development
• 2+ years of experience of delivering services through human interface e.g hospitality or call centre
• 2+ years experience from management consultancy firm or similar
• 2+ years experience from and proven successful track record of leading complex development projects in matrix organization
• Experience from the loyalty and community industry is a plus
• Experience from Lean/agile principles and methodology is a plus
• Experience from service management/ hospitality, preferably with a theoretical background, is a plus
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with both internal and external parties
• Excellent ability to lead cross-functional teams in an effective and productive way
• Strong creative and conceptualization skills
• Strong analytical skills, ability to compile information in a structured way and develop evidence-based recommendations for management on various levels
• Excellent knowledge of business case development, analysis in Excel and presentation of results and recommendations in Power Point
• Innovative, creative and curious with a drive to change and build something new
• Highly result- and execution-orientated
• Large interest in understanding target groups’ life style and proactively address those needs and desires
• Passionate about managing cross functional projects and teams, developing concepts and services
• Structured, business-minded and flexible problem-solver
• High degree of independence, personal drive and capability to take own initiatives
• High social competence – a solid team player with the ability to motivate and interact with different departments a
• Ability to multi-task and plan and prioritize his/her own work
For more information regarding the position please contact Linda Elvelin Österman; email@example.com or Camilla Asmussen; firstname.lastname@example.org