SAS’ vision is to make life easier for Scandinavia’s frequent travelers. With SAS, you are part of a community experiencing easy, joyful and reliable services, delivered the Scandinavian way. SAS is Scandinavia’s largest airline with approximately 800 departures per day to our 125 destinations. In 2014, approximately 28 million passengers travelled with SAS.
SAS IT & Digital Innovation is responsible for all IT within Scandinavian Airlines. The department has around 70 employees and is located at SAS Head Office at Frösundavik in Solna, outside Stockholm. As Head of Portfolio Management Office (PMO) you report to Mattias Forsberg, EVP CIO & Digital Innovation.
SAS is a digital leader and has a long history of developing innovative solutions that revolutionize the airline industry. To raise our game even further, we are looking for a Head of Portfolio Management Office (PMO) to be responsible for establishing and leading a pool of skilled project managers, developing SAS group wide project management structural capital, as well as tracking the project portfolio of SAS development projects. You will also coach other project managers from both Group IT, our business and external suppliers. Additionally, you will be responsible for SAS enterprise architecture framework, methodologies and network of skilled architects. Some traveling within Scandinavia and international will occur.
You have managerial responsibility of about 4-8 experienced project managers, portfolio coordinators and enterprise architects. Budget responsibility for a project portfolio involving 200+ resources in an environment with high degree of off-shore delivery. You are a part of the management team in IT & Digital Innovation.
You will play a key role in shaping and transforming the IT function within SAS, with focus on improving business efficiency and effectiveness through project and portfolio management capabilities.
• Builds and maintains a strategic portfolio of projects with a 1-3 year time horizon. Integrates the budget and resource requirements of all our active projects into an overall roadmap that best utilizes all available budget and resources
• Manages, reviews and plans portfolio delivery. Review of all strategic and major projects plans and business case to improve implementation feasibility. Responsible for aggregated projects reporting and business case follow up.
• Develop and adopt SAS Project Management Methodology best practice. Proactive support and training in efficient project methods.
• Leads 4-8 senior project managers and project portfolio coordinator and mentors a broader community of Project Managers that are distributed throughout the organization. Leading solution boards and the network/coordination forum for all business infrastructure and enterprise architects.
• Ensure information, communication, coordination and collaboration with other SAS business- and infrastructure architects
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
• University degree in IT or equivalent, professional training in Enterprise/Business Architecture and Project Management
• A minimum of 10+ years of working experience
• Experience from digitalization of business processes
• Experience from PMO functions and project portfolio planning
• Experience from Enterprise and Business Architecture work methods and standards
• Experience from business analysis, business case evaluations and decision support
• Fluent in English and Swedish, Danish or Norwegian.
• Passionate about developing the business, processes and end user solutions
• Strong business acumen coupled with financial and resource planning experience is essential
• Good communicator, able to talk with stakeholders
• Result oriented
• Analytical and structured
• Ability to balance and perform several parallel activities
• Genuine interest in, and understanding of, travel industry
For more information please contact Victoria Gillberg at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Lina Svensson at: email@example.com