Service Manager & Head of Digital Channels IT
SAS IT & Digital Innovation is responsible for all IT within Scandinavian Airlines. The organization has its primary location, the SAS Head Office at Frösundavik in Solna, outside Stockholm. In the role of Service Manager/Head of Digital Channels IT, the successful candidate will report to Mats Eklund, VP BCIO Commercial IT & Digital Development department.
You will be responsible for maximizing SAS business performance through provision of highly effective, efficient, and innovative IT services and solutions within SAS direct digital channels including the recently deployed digital platform based on REST APIs across all customer touch points along with new modern web interfaces which already today make SAS a digital leader in Scandinavian and one of the largest e-commerce presence in the Nordic. You will head a team of internal and external resources that will maintain and further develop the new platform in close collaboration with the digital process owner while utilizing the newly introduced agile development process based on Scum methodology. The technology stack combines a Java/J2EE/Spring environment as back-end with HTML5/CSS3/Angular as front-end.
In addition, you will have managerial responsibility for a number of experienced experts, developers, and architects within the area of Digital Channels as well as activities involving 50 to100 external on-shore and off-shore resources. You will be part of the management team in the Commercial IT & Digital Development with overall responsibility for the full IT delivery to stakeholders related to Digital Sales, Marketing, and Digital User Experiences as well as all digital channels projects. Additionally, you will have budget responsibility for operations, enhancements, and development of related IT services and solutions. As Service Manager/Head of Digital Channels IT, a key player in developing SAS future digital platform –Scandinavia’s largest e-commerce platform – traveling within Scandinavia and international locations should be anticipated.
Main areas of responsibilities:
- Lead application development process and teams for SAS digital channels platform (all direct digital channels including web, app)
- Responsible for business applications within Digital Channels and E-Commerce
- Responsible for coordinating internal stakeholders with external IT service providers
- Responsible for costs, budget, follow up, and reporting in service areas
- Responsible for overall service delivery level and business satisfaction along with the IT delivery for service areas
- Responsible for communication with business stakeholders, other Service Managers, Projects, and external IT vendors for service areas
- Manage related IT suppliers including off-shore delivery
Experience and Background Desired:
- University degree or equivalent
- Experience in similar IT management work
- Extensive experience in driving agile/DevOps web/app-development
- Extensive experience working in a customer oriented organization
- Relevant airline distribution and core processing knowledge is preferred
- Experience from handling off-shore delivery teams
- Sound knowledge of Java/J2EE, Spring, REST APIs, PostgreSQL, and Angular.js
- Stakeholder and collaboration abilities
- Team management/leadership in a multi-national environment
- Service oriented with high delivery ambitions
- Quality and cost focused
- Structured problem solver seeking long term solutions – balancing quality and cost
- Excellent ability to communicate, collaborate, build, and maintain relationships
- Genuine interest in travel industry
SAS headquarters at Frösundavik, Stockholm.
For more information, please contact Sara Markstedt, firstname.lastname@example.org or
Jesper Svärding, email@example.com