Become a Bamborian
The payment market is rapidly changing, and Bambora is a part of that change. We are a payment company with global presence and a mission to simplify payments for small and midsized merchants whether that business is instore, online or in-app. Our head office is in Stockholm, Sweden, but our work reaches people worldwide. Since the payment market is international, we have offices in Nordics as well as in Switzerland, Canada and Australia. Today we have around 750 employees and we keep growing all the time. In July 2017, we became part of Ingenico Group, one of the world’s largest payment companies, which provides increased opportunities for us to simplify payments and help customers grow worldwide.
The Head of Instore Products, Europe will report to CTO and will lead a skilled and dedicated team of 7 people based in Stockholm and Halmstad with the following key areas of responsibility:
- Execute on our commercial and technical roadmap and together with the Product Owners sitting in Halmstad securing the right prioritization of our development back-log.
- Secure and maintain a profitable and market attractive product portfolio targeting the needs for SMB and mid/large tier merchant in the Nordics.
- With a value based product approach support our growth plans in Central Europe.
- Continually work with offering management to secure the right bundling and value based packaging of our different product components.
- Develop product communication and material for Sales and our Customer Experience teams;
- Represent Product and Technology within the European Instore Management team and assist in steering the business.
The Head of instore Products, Europe is the link between the sales organization and the technical development and must be able to translate customer needs into technical requirements to a level where the team including the Product Owners are capable of creating user stories for back log handling and development.
The candidate will work closely with the sales teams to steer and prioritize the execution of the commercial roadmap, whilst balancing against the technical roadmap and the capacity of the development organization.
The right candidate will be an experienced product person with competencies from similar positions within Payments, Finance or Telecommunications and have experience with:
- Product life cycle management and experience in maneuvering in the space between commercial and technical.
- Agile development and planning with frequent prioritization of our roadmap.
- Strong interest in understanding the technical infrastructure and how our systems works and what limitations they have.
- Working both tactical/strategical with our product portfolio and at the same time enjoy having hands on with day to day challenges.
- Sparring, coaching and leadership responsibility of 7 skilled team members – helping them succeeding, grow their competencies and support them in their way of working.
Some of your core competencies are
- A fact and value based desire for achieving results and a strong track record of executing on short and long-term goals.
- You have strong leadership skills and are an individual contributor and a strong leader who inspires other to achieve results. You do that by motivating your team members and having a high degree of delegation with the right balance of holding the teams accountable.
- You enjoy building relationships across the organization and work close together with other colleagues.
- The right candidate will have either a master degree in Engineering combined with documented commercial ability, or a commercial oriented master degree with a documented technical ability.