DEFA is strengthening its export organization to execute on a new and extensive export plan within the Auto & Industry (A&I) range of product. Therefor DEFA is looking for a Senior Export Manager with extensive experience of successfully building effective export distribution organizations.
The Export Manager overall responsibilities includes managing and driving the A&I related sales, marketing and distribution activities in new and existing export countries, including sales & marketing, distribution, application development, technical support, managing staff & organization and the overall fulfillment of strategic and tactical business objectives.
In this role your work will include but is not limited to:
Work with distributors
- Plan, direct and coordinate the sales and distribution activities for A&I business in defined export countries
- Lead and manage direct reports, develop and implement plans to grow the international A&I business
- Plan, establish and maintain systems & procedures for international sales distribution efficiency and ensure recruitments and organizational development
- Managing international distributors
- Establish and develop distribution in defined export markets
- Ensure that distributors manage sales, information and follow up of customers according to defined sales process and DEFA´s standard
- Continuously train distributors
- Establish and develop leading international customer relationships
- Represent the business at conferences, trade fairs, and networking events
- Develop multi-channel brand marketing and promotional programs that support brand growth in export countries
- Manage the teams sales, and drive own sales
- Develop strategy, tactics, sales plans, sales & cost budget within given margin targets
- Identify and reporting on business opportunities in target markets
- Oversee and support sales development with project sales towards targeted customers according to defined sales process (relationship-building, evaluation, prioritization & follow-up of projects, CRM, etc.)
Required educational level.
- Preferably a Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) or degree in Sales & Marketing
- Strong technical understanding (components, products and systems)
- International working and/or study experience is preferred
Required personal qualifications & abilities.
- You should be experienced in leading a sales team and attracting/developing talent
- We also see that you are maintaining a good relationship with colleagues globally, and that you have the ability to work well in an International business environment and diversified culture
- You should have a proven record of establishing green field sales and distribution in export countries
We also believe that you have strong ability and interest in automotive business in general
- High drive and energy, strong business morality and a humble approach
- Communicative – collaborate and contribute to solution oriented teamwork
- Team oriented as well as good individual skills
- Experience in leading and coaching international sales/marketing teams
- Problem solving and strategic thinking – strong analytical ability
- Innovative – interested in applying new techniques and design patterns, but also fluent in current best practices and standards
- Ability to meet deadlines through good time management and allocation of priorities and follow up
- Ease of working with a variety of PC based systems (CRM, Office, etc.)
- English – both spoken and written is a requirement.
The position is located in the Swedish office in Kista, Stockholm and reporting to Executive Vice President Auto & Industry