Scandic Hotels

CRO Specialist

Scandic is the largest Nordic hotel operator with a network of about 280 hotels, at 130 destinations with 57,000 rooms in six countries, where over 30 000 people get a new experience every day. Scandic was founded in 1963 and since then we have been a pioneer, driving development within the hotel industry. We operate in the mid-market segment under our industry-leading brand, Scandic. Approximately 70 percent of our revenue comes from business travel and conferences, and the remaining 30 percent from leisure travel. We have a high rate of returning guests and Scandic Friends is the largest loyalty program in the Nordic hotel sector. Scandic has 18,000 dedicated team members. Scandic is a pioneer within CSR, and among other initiatives introduced the innovative idea “Hang up your towel”, and the majority of our hotels are certified according to the Nordic Ecolabel’s new requirements.

Scandic Hotels is offering a central position in running one of the largest E-commerce business within the Travel Industry in the Nordics. Scandic Hotels has more than 280 hotels, at 130 destinations across the Nordics, Germany and Poland, where over 30 000 people get a new experience every day.

You’ll be part of E-commerce & Digital Innovation, an international team of UX designers and product owners. The team supports our guests throughout the entire customer journey with digital solutions and optimized booking experiences.

As a CRO specialist, you are responsible for web and app performance and optimization. Track conversion rate and other KPI’s. Set up processes, lead and analyzes the success of A/B and multivariate testing initiatives. Drive and inspire the team towards become more data-driven in our decisions. The role is located at Scandics Headquarter in Stockholm and you will report directly to the Director of E-commerce & Digital Innovation.

Areas of responsibility.

  • Lead Scandic’s ongoing A/B tests and roadmap
  • Prioritize and maintain testing calendar to make the best use of available traffic and testing resources and to avoid any conflicts between tests
  • Develop and document testing processes and policies to further increase testing quality
  • Provide analysis of each experiment to understand the impact on key KPIs to be fed into product roadmaps
  • Communicate and present test results, insights, and recommendations to all levels of the company, clearly and concisely
  • Work directly with business owners and IT to plan, execute, and analyze all A/B tests.
  • Prioritize and perform analyses requested by E-commerce & Digital Innovation team
  • Complete weekly, monthly and quarterly KPI reporting needs
  • Develop custom reports and dashboards based on specific stakeholder needs
  • Collaborate with analysts, developers, business owners, and partners to understand their analytics
  • Develop technical tagging specification documents tied to business needs/goals.
  • Perform data quality audits on existing tagging infrastructure to identify gaps and improve data integrity
  • Setting up tracking requirements for new developed features, follow up and test them according the release cycles
  • Train the team on web analytics tools and analysis techniques with a goal of transferring knowledge and a data driven mindset

Competencies & Experiences.

  • Strong knowledge of web analytics platforms (Adobe Analytics preferred
  • Strong knowledge and proven experience of A/B testing and A/B testing tools
  • Experience within E-commerce
  • Ability to analyze web and app performance, site behaviors, usability and effectiveness of functionality
  • Ability to problem solve and think critically and to publish KPIs, reports, and dashboards in ways that are clear and actionable
  • Experience in visualizing multiple disparate data sets into one cohesive digital story
  • Translate business insight gained through the use of web analytics platforms into actionable E-commerce & Digital development strategy
  • A minimum of 2 year experience from similar roles
  • Able to present insights for an audience
  • Great collaboration skills and experience of agile processes
  • University degree from technical or business
  • A team player