About Record Union
With the mission to democratize the music industry, Record Union runs a distribution platform that puts artists’ music on Spotify, Apple Music, Instagram, Amazon, YouTube and many more. We create artist opportunities through our partnerships, music expertise and data science. We believe that independent artists should be able to stay independent and succeed independently.
Record Union’s vision is to enable and support the full potential of every music creator in the world, and we are looking for a CPO to help us move closer to that vision through cutting edge innovation and product development.
As a Chief Product Officer and member of the Record Union management team, you will be responsible for building a strong foundation for continued product led growth. In other words, you will be in charge of initiatives across the entire product lifecycle — from customer discovery and user research to development, delivery and organizing the product team.
You will be involved in reshaping the conditions for the development of the music industry in order to support the new wave of independent music creators. Your role will be crucial, and you will make a strong contribution to Record Union’s ambition to become a unifying force for the independent community and serve the needs of our artists.
On a strategic level, as CPO you will focus on the why of the product, while your technical counterpart, the CTO, will focus on the how — how development will be carried out and how the product will be implemented and delivered.
Areas of responsibility:
- Create a deep understanding of the problems, needs, and desires of customers and conduct the discovery process that is necessary to build excellent product experiences and identify proper positioning in the market.
- Build and deliver the best possible experiences for customers and subsequent value for the company.
- Continuous improvement in the product as well as the product’s compliance to market needs wrapped in a product experience that continuously and consistently delights the customers
- Coordination of all product marketing efforts
- Work closely with our CTO, world-class engineering and design teams as well as customer support and operations to regularly ship value adding features to our artists.
- Look ahead and lead strategy and execution to future generations of Record Union products and make sure that everything aligns with Record Unions overarching business strategy and vision.
- Own budget for Product organization, ensuring effective use of resources across the organization with effective monitoring and control
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits, and results to the rest of the wider Record Union team
- Recruitment, hiring, and mentoring of key product management personnel
Skill set required:
- A genuine curiosity and passion for building amazing products that deliver value to users
- Continually updated on key trends and understands where development is heading within the field of product development
- Excellent strategic, analytical, and communication skills.
- The ability to handling risks straight up instead of saving those for the end
- Prefer customer value over features
- Broad knowledge base on what methods, tools and frameworks to apply to create value for both users and the company
- Strong background in leading fast moving Product teams
- Experience of operating in highly experimental contexts, leading teams through product discovery processes, rapid prototyping, and data-informed experimentation
- A team-first attitude and have developed techniques to ensure your teams are happy, motivated and productive
- Deep experience working with agile development teams to build world-class software
- Believes in our mission and shares our vision
- Possess strong situational awareness, demonstrates seniority and maturity with good judgement
- Leads by example
- Fosters and builds collaborative working relationships with various stakeholders
- Passionate about music, the arts, and furthering creativity
- Life long learner