Are you excited about improving business performance and do you see yourself in a role in between the business and IT? Are you an experienced Application Owner and Project Manager with good communication skills? In addition, are you at your best when your task is to drive change and set up new ways of working to improve business results? Then this role might be something for you. Ahlsell is now hiring a key position in the Purchase organisation at Group level.
The Digital Procurement & Application Owner is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the agreed service levels for Ahlsells’ Supplier relationship management system and the Supplier Portal from which relevant procurement systems are accessed. Within this responsibility you ensure the availability of the solution, correct maintenance of the system configuration and data integrity (including monitoring of integrations) as well as development of related processes to support the Purchasing organization to improve business results. The Digital Procurement & Application Owner is responsible for the relation with the system supplier(s) of the Supplier Portal and works with them to address problems and manage new functionality. Additionally, you work with the Ahlsell business, particularly Purchasing and Product Managers throughout the Ahlsell group geography, and Ahlsell suppliers to develop the procurement process and define requirements for the future development of the portal.
As Digital Procurement & Application Owner you play an important role to enable and facilitate the digitalization of Ahlsell’s procurement function. The Supplier Portal is a tool to deliver on the strategic objectives.
- Make it easier for suppliers to do business with Ahlsell
- Improve internal efficiency
- Improve management of smaller suppliers
The Digital Procurement & Application Owner is also responsible for managing the external supplier interface including the content of the initial supplier landing page (the Supplier Portal) on the Ahlsell webpage and any tailored content which is published to individual supplier profiles within the Supplier Portal.
The role demands a strong commercial understanding combined with an interest and knowledge of procurement and how to drive digital development and the related change management activities.
The role reports hierarchically to the Group CPO and works closely with the group digital function and CDO within Ahlsell’s overall digitalization roadmap. The position is situated at Ahlsell’s Head Quarter in Marievik.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Manage service delivery: requirement management, release and change management, as well as application support with external service providers
- Create and send communications to users and suppliers to promote the use of the SRM system and supplier portal
- Ensure updated and maintained training materials
- Manage configuration including Users, Groups, Roles and Permissions
- Manage updates to workflows and approval flows
- Coordinate a group of nominated superusers who act as first line support for Ahlsell users
- Provide second line support to Ahlsell superusers
- Manage and resolve issues and escalate as required to System Provider(s) or Ahlsell IT as required
- Manage and control all standard system upgrades which are released as part of the system provider(s) release schedule
- Ensure own knowledge of Supplier Management software (iValua), Stibo STEP, SQL Server, SharePoint and Vivaldi ERP system (IMI AOM) are sufficient and maintain contacts with Ahlsell system experts in each system
- Meet with Supplier Relationship Management Reference Group and other relevant user groups regularly to ensure the processes in the SRM system are supported and operate correctly and to identify and prioritize new functionality requests
- Participate in development of the strategic/tactical part of the Ahlsell procurement process and manage enhancement requests for key functionality not currently available in the solution, define requirements and work with system provider(s) to develop, test and implement new functionality
- Manage Supplier Relationship Management budget
- Manage content for external Ahlsell supplier webpage and content which is published to individual suppliers in the Supplier Portal
- Manage SSO (single sign-on) solutions vs suppliers
- During year 1 plan, lead and ensure a successful roll out of the complete iValua SRM suite (5 main modules)
Previous experience and competences
- University Degree in IT, Purchasing, Business Administration or related field
- Strong knowledge of purchasing processes and several years’ experience working in a large company environment
- Experience of managing application development activities including specifications, development tasks, testing procedures and adequate system documentation
- Basic understanding of IT-related infrastructure and interfaces
- Solid experience in project management (including project finances) with a good track record
- Good knowledge of business processes and especially the strategic/tactic procurement process
- Good Microsoft Office tool skills
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English and Swedish.
- Results focused
- Structured and analytical
- Driven and good ability to handle stress
- Good commercial understanding
- Good communication skills
- Leader with ability to engage others and drive development independently